Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ebelskivers

My latest craze - Ebelskivers! Danish-styled filled pancakes! What's not to like?  

Last week, I finally bought the Ebelskivers book and pan!  I have been thinking about it for about 6 months or not longer if i should buy the book or not. The pan is not exactly cheap compared to how much it is sold in US. I've seen it in the bookstore (only 1 book) for the longest time and yet nobody has bought it. Finally, I caved in and bought it because Kinokuniya was having a 20% storewide discount..LOL!  



My first try at making Ebelsivers! So much fun!  Ok..i did fumble a bit when turning the pancakes the first time, but after a few more tries, it was much easier.  The trick is not to turn the fire up too high!  


Ebelskivers with Blueberry filling. So yummy! It's actually very light and not sweet. So even after dusting icing sugar on top, i think i could do with some maple syrup or honey.  (I have a sweet-tooth!  If i have a choice, i would eat dessert for every meal... :p) 


This photo taken with my iPhone. :)  
Just thought it was a pretty decent photo taken with iPhone so i had to post it up here too..LOL!


Link to the recipes:-  
or




3 comments:

SweetThingsTO on May 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM said...

Wow - those look amazing!

Vicki on May 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM said...

Congratulations on making very beautiful ebelskivers! Aren't they just delicious?

Rumbling Tummy on July 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM said...

I had two of these pans bought by mistake. Would love to see more experiment by you on this one. I am running out of idea to feed these to my kids.

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template