Thursday, October 14, 2010

Flora Painted Cake


This is just a practice (to-paint) cake and for nobody in mind...as i'm typing this, this cake is still in the fridge untouched..lol!   I had major fondant issues with this cake and the fondant kept tearing...bugs me to see tears/crack lines on the fondant. Strange.. i could only blame it on the weather and for me not turning on the air conditioning.   

I painted this free-hand and it's my first time painting directly on the fondant cake.  It feels different and not like the usual painting on paper..:S.  Definitely more room (lots in fact!) for improvement for sure! I need to find the right consistency for the paint - food colors i meant.  **The flower pattern that i've painted is made with reference to Donna Dewberry's paint work in her book.** 

I've been slacking in commenting on my blogger friends' blog posts (you all know who you are..:D..but i do try to catch up whenever i can..)..because i have been busy with translating Pierre Hermé's Macaron book to English with the help of google translate..lol! Yup..here it is...


Don't ask me why I bought this since it is in French and I don't read or write or speak French. I suppose this is THE Pierre Hermé Macaron book and it was sitting on the bookshelf staring at me..so how can i not buy it?! LOL!  So far, i've translated 20 initial pictorial pages and google translate has been doing a very good job for me. LOL!  I can safely say i can now understand the ingredients listed in French in this book.  :D


19 comments:

Lora on October 14, 2010 at 1:56 PM said...

That cake is exquisite. You are quite the artist. And major props for attempting the book translation. wow.

Katya on October 14, 2010 at 6:02 PM said...

Wow.

ann low on October 14, 2010 at 6:38 PM said...

WOW! Looks like a beautiful gift box :))

Unknown on October 14, 2010 at 7:14 PM said...

What a gorgeous gorgeous Cake. You are so super talented!
I can't wait for your macaroons.

Tracy on October 14, 2010 at 9:17 PM said...

Wow! The painting on that cake is gorgeous!!

Cake Fixation on October 14, 2010 at 10:25 PM said...

The painting is fantastic! :) And good luck with the translating.

Andrea on October 15, 2010 at 12:26 AM said...

Wow! What a beautiful cake!

Maria_the_Oiler on October 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM said...

You made me laugh, I would have done the samething and brought the book, I use google translator religiously since my blog seems to be famous in Slovania for some reason. Your painting is awesome BTW, very nicely done.

Vicki on October 15, 2010 at 1:10 AM said...

Faithy, this has to be undoubtedly the most beautiful cake I've ever seen.

Lois B on October 15, 2010 at 1:42 AM said...

Faithy, I must echo the comments above - a beautiful piece of art! I'm just wondering what you do in your "day job." I guessing it's something creative and artistic.

Mendy on October 15, 2010 at 7:36 AM said...

ב''ה

Really fabulous! I wish I had furniture and china with that design!

jkcurtis on October 15, 2010 at 11:03 AM said...

The cake is beautiful! You are very talented. Thanks for sharing and I really enjoy your site.a

Barbara Bakes on October 15, 2010 at 1:37 PM said...

Oh my - you are amazingly talented! The cake is beautiful!

Art and Appetite on October 16, 2010 at 6:52 AM said...

That is fabulous! BEautiful paint job!

Marj Jenkins on October 17, 2010 at 8:22 PM said...

faithy, that cake is a piece of artwork - just beautiful! Not sure where you saw flaws, but I sure didn't see any :)

SweetThingsTO on October 18, 2010 at 7:42 AM said...

I love your painted cake - it is beautiful - you are so multi-talented when it comes to cake!

faithy on October 18, 2010 at 8:57 AM said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I realized i forgot to thank all of you! :P Sorry!

Val on October 29, 2010 at 3:03 PM said...

Hi

I really love your blog and admire your talent..
I wish i could do beautiful cookies and cakes like you..

Im a french mom and if you need some help to traduce some words or exressions of your book, dont ' hesite to Email me.
Valérie

Anonymous said...

You are incredible!

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template