Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cappuccino Fudge Cheesecake


When Cherie tempted me with her Cappuccino Fudge Cheesecake, i knew i had to bake it soon, esp. when i have 6 bars of cream cheese in my fridge! LOL! Yup, don't ask me why i stock up so many ..i didn't realised i had so many until i was cleaning up my fridge (cos i'm off to Hong Kong on Monday..yippee! :D).  I'm such a hoarder sometimes..or most of the time! Don't get me counting how many blocks of butter i have in my fridge ok..:p  

So..i baked 2x 9" cheesecake-s.  For 9" ingredient measurement, i used Smittenkitchen's recipe while keeping Cherie's oreo-cookie base.  I used 500g of oreo cookies (reduced fat version....not because i'm fat conscious but because that supermarket i went to had only this left!) and used 100g butter for 2x 9".   

The best thing baking this cheesecake is there's no need for waterbath (I hate waterbath!) and it doesn't matter if the cheesecake cracked on top because it will be covered & sealed with the sour cream topping.....AND best of all ..after it's done baking, you can put it right away in the fridge to cool (yup!..) no need to cool down slowly.  What more can i ask for? LOL! And on top of all these plus points, the cheesecake is thumbs-up DELICIOUS!  I'm a fan of rich cheesecake (ok..even though i can't eat a whole huge slice..but i still can eat half a slice and enjoy it..).  


The thing that frustrates me most about cheesecake is the long baking time and the cooling off time.   I find the waiting part rather torturous..esp. when i want to try how my bakes taste like asap. LOL!  I made it yesterday and had to wait till this morning to try it...so the moment i woke up from bed, i ran straight to the kitchen to unmold my cheesecake, ate a slice and then took some photos... don't i sound rather greedy and obsessed? lol!

Seriously, if you are a cheesecake, chocolate & coffee fan, this you can't miss!  I'm not a coffee person but yet this is my new favorite cheesecake...i had a slice in the morning..then in the afternoon, ate another half-slice..and probably after dinner another half-slice. :)  I can only afford half-slice since i think i have to eat some proper food for dinner cos i couldn't eat lunch earlier after the huge full slice of cheesecake.:S


PS: the piped ganache topping cheesecake is to be given away..it's not as pretty imo since i had difficulty piping the ganache on the wet-condensed top of the cheesecake when i took it out from the fridge. The one that is for my own consumption, i just poured the ganache over the top of the sourcream topping...so much easier too.  :D

22 comments:

Angie's Recipes on April 3, 2010 at 6:36 PM said...

How I wish to try a slice of this gorgeou cheesecake~!

Sinful Southern Sweets on April 3, 2010 at 8:35 PM said...

Just beautiful! I'd love to try this recipe!

Cake Fixation on April 3, 2010 at 11:05 PM said...

That look delicious! I hate the waterbath too.

Elaine on April 3, 2010 at 11:40 PM said...

*drools*

puts on to bake list

Vicki on April 4, 2010 at 1:56 AM said...

This looks and sounds great Faithy!
I warmed up left over chocolate ganache in the microwave for a few seconds and poured it over the top of Le Succes. I worked like a dream instead of trying to pipe or spread.

Jane on April 4, 2010 at 9:15 AM said...

Oh Faithy! This cheesecake would call to me constantly if I made it. I know just what you mean about the "waiting time" with a cheesecake--it is torturous. I love coffee and I also love chocolate so to me this is a dream dessert. Really, this looks incredible. You did a really nice job with it.

Lois B on April 4, 2010 at 12:40 PM said...

Oh, Faithy, what mouth watering creations. Beautiful photos too!

Sarah, Maison Cupcake on April 4, 2010 at 4:03 PM said...

Those both look absolutely gorgeous. I've never made a cheesecake, I need to try it.

Unknown on April 4, 2010 at 9:22 PM said...

looks absolutely delicious. Thank you for sharing.

Tracy on April 5, 2010 at 8:46 PM said...

Gorgeous! Love the piping on the first one but they both look delicious!

Pei-Lin on April 6, 2010 at 11:07 PM said...

Yay! Finally got to see THE cake!! Looks deadly ... I think I can suffocate myself with gobs of the cake! LOL!

Have fun at HK Disneyland!

HanaĆ¢ on April 7, 2010 at 5:00 AM said...

Absolutely delicious, Faithy. It looks very rich and creamy. No wonder you can only eat half a slice. What do you mean the topped ganache doesn't look nice? It looks beautiful! I like how you created a diamond-like pattern on top. Great job!

Holly on April 10, 2010 at 1:42 AM said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog and love it!! Looks so delicious:) Please feel free to come by The Peppered Pantry:) http://thepepperedpantry.blogspot.com/

Jenn on April 13, 2010 at 9:21 PM said...

Faithy - I think you should try the white chocolate frosting, but make less of it. Like 3/4 of the recipe would be good.

Unknown on April 15, 2010 at 12:29 PM said...

I love your blog! Great photos!

maameemoomoo on April 15, 2010 at 4:22 PM said...

Looks yummilicioussssssssssssss~!

U're so tempting me to bake again, but thankfully, no more cream cheese in fridge! hehehe.. just a lot of butter!

Glad that u like it ;)

Y on April 16, 2010 at 5:20 PM said...

What a great way (or excuse) to use up all that cream cheese you've been hiding in the fridge! ;P

Valen on April 17, 2010 at 3:55 AM said...

Mmmmm I bet that is sooooo good. Now I just wish I had a family of 10 to share it with, otherwise I would be making it right now! Just one of many drawbacks of living alone.

Jamie on April 25, 2010 at 10:46 PM said...

OMG! I am not a cheesecake kind of girl but this looks fantastic! Coffee and chocolate are my thing though so just go ahead and pass me a slice. Thick, please! Perfect!

Simonne on May 24, 2010 at 3:47 PM said...

This cheesecake makig me wanna make one at once!!
Wow must be reaaaaaaly good

Simonne on May 24, 2010 at 4:24 PM said...

I'm thinking make this, can i check with u.
-After u have bake the topping. Do u need to chill 3 hours before pouring the ganache Or do u pour ganache straight on the toppping without chill ?

Thanks
simonneho@yahoo.com

faithy on May 24, 2010 at 4:41 PM said...

Simone, iirc, i think i pour the ganache over when it is hot..however, if you are piping, then have to chill the cheesecake first.

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template