Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nigella's Chocolate Guinness Cake (Cupcakes)



I've just baked Nigella's chocolate Guinness Cake and i have to admit that it is very good! I was skeptical at first thinking that cos it contains Guinness stout it might taste weird. I don't drink any alcoholic drinks (with the exception of ice-wine which is my fave! hahahaha) and beer to me taste horribly bitter! But since everyone on their food blog vouch for her Chocolate Guinness Cake, i just had to try. I did the cupcakes version though. In case you are wondering, recipe from her book "Feast". Yes, i have most of her books except for "How To Eat" (i think..) which i do not have. (remember i said i am a fan of hers..hahahaha).

I'm not going to type out her recipe..too time consuming for me. Here's the link to this 2 sites which detailed recipe outlined:-

Tim Norton's blog and the link to original recipe here.
and Jo's blog "Sugar & Everything Nice" and i think she tweaked the recipe though..link here.

I did not use the original cream cheese icing. But instead i used chocolate buttercream icing called "Bill's Chocolate Buttercream Icing" from Bill who posted it on Rose Levy's site. Rose Levy is the author of Cake Bible and her website is really very informative!

Photos coming up later...photog busy with her school tests..:)

0 comments:

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template